The key in keeping a business and employee aligned, which improves performance and productivity, is Performance Management.
Performance Management is making sure the employee and the business are focused on the same priorities.
It touches on the business itself by improving production and reducing waste. It helps the employee or individual set and meet their goals and improves the employee manager relationship.
When changes occur Performance Management helps the transition to be smoother and less hectic. It helps the business and employee have a stream-lined relationship which improves communication and interactions between the two groups. It will help close any gaps that exist in an employee's skill-set and make them a more valuable employee through feedback and coaching.
- Define performance management.
- Understand how performance management works and the tools to make it work.
- Learn the three phases of project management and how to assess it.
- Discuss effective goal-setting.
- Learn how to give feedback on performance management.
- Identify Kolb’s Learning Cycle.
- Recognise the importance of motivation.
- Develop a performance journal and performance plan.