Having to fire an employee is never an easy task. Sometimes, despite attempts of open communication and encouraging performance, an employee will need to be terminated from the company. One of the hardest aspects of preparing to fire an employee is to separate the emotions from the facts. Firing an employee should always be a last resort, so it is important that the manager has covered all other avenues possible before moving forward.
With our Employee Termination workshop, your participants will begin to see how important it is to develop a core set of skills when they find themselves in a situation where they have to let an employee go.
- Create employee performance plans
- Identify employees who should be terminated
- Establish effective termination meetings
- Know the “Do’s” and “Don't” of firing an employee
- Be able to conduct exit interviews