Facilitation is often referred to as the new cornerstone of management philosophy, with its focus on fairness and creating an easy decision making process.
Creating a comfortable environment through better facilitation will give participants a better understanding of what a good facilitator can do to improve any meeting or gathering.
The Facilitation Skills course can help any business make better decisions. This course will give participants an understanding of what facilitation is all about, as well as some tools that they can use to facilitate small meetings. A strong understating of how a facilitator can command a room and dictate the pace of a meeting will have participants on the road to becoming great facilitators themselves.
- Define facilitation and identify its purpose and benefits.
- Clarify the role and focus of a facilitator.
- Differentiate between process and content in the context of a group discussion.
- Provide tips in choosing and preparing for facilitation.
- Identify a facilitator’s role when managing groups in each of Tuckman and Jensen’s stages of group development: forming, storming, norming and performing.
- Identify ways a facilitator can help a group reach a consensus: from encouraging participation to choosing a solution.
- Provide guidelines in dealing with disruptions, dysfunctions and difficult people in groups.
- Define what interventions are, when they are appropriate and how to implement them.
THIS COURSE ALSO ENTITLES YOU TO A 1 HOUR COACHING SESSION WITH SUCCESS COACH ROBYN RATCLIFF TO GIVE YOU STRATEGIES TO IMPLEMENT THE LEARNINGS FROM THIS COURSE. WHEN YOU HAVE COMPLETED THE TRAINING YOU WILL BE PROVIDED WITH A LINK TO BOOK IN YOUR COACHING SESSION.