In the past few decades, organisations have discovered something incredible: the principles that have been used to create enormous successes in large projects can be applied to projects of any size to create amazing success. As a result, many employees are expected to understand project management techniques and how to apply them to projects of any size.
The Project Management workshop will give participants an overview of the entire project management process, as well as key project management tools that they can use every day. Working with project planning documents, such as needs assessments, risk management plan, and a communication plan will provide benefits throughout your organisation.
- Define projects, project management, and project managers
- Identify the five process groups and nine knowledge areas as defined by the PMI
- Describe the triple constraint
- Perform a project needs assessment and write goals, requirements, and deliverables
- Create key project documents.
- Build a project schedule by estimating time, costs, and resources
- Understand and use the work breakdown structure
- Create project planning documents, such as a schedule, risk management plan, and communication plan
- Use planning tools, including the Gantt chart, network diagram, and RACI chart
- Establish and use baselines
- Monitor and maintain the project